ACE Producers and Independent Film Foundation are pleased to announce the Call for Applications for the Training Days Poland 2023 which has been set up thanks to the support of the Polish Film Institute.
The ACE Training Days Poland is a tailor-made 2-day programme designed for emerging producers at relatively early stages in their careers, who are looking to expand their network and learn more about the international context of the audiovisual industry. The hands-on workshop welcomes producers working in fiction, animation, and documentary, and strives to make the industry inclusive, diverse, and collaborative.
For this workshop, a total of 12 producers (6 Polish and 6 total from neighbouring countries) will be selected to join the workshop taking place in Warsaw. As ACE aims to encourage international collaboration, the call is open to emerging producers from Poland, as well as Albania, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldavia, Montenegro, North-Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Ukraine.
The Training Days Poland will be themed around “The Essentials of Co-Producing: What’s the Deal with Negotiating”. The interactive workshop will include plenary sessions, case studies, as well as group meetings provided with the help of ACE consultants and producers who have notably strong track records in international financing, co-production, negotiation, sales, and distribution, and who will share their knowledge and international expertise.
The ACE Training Days Poland is connected to the ACE 33 Financing Strategies Workshop (20 – 25 November, Warsaw), a workshop within the ACE Annual Programme organised for the selected 18 experienced producers from Europe and beyond.
22 & 23 November 2023 (the workshop starts at 09:30 in the morning, therefore international participants should arrive on the 21st and depart the 23rd after 18:00).
- Emerging producers with an interest in the international market and co-production (this workshop will not focus on line production).
- Producers should have at least one credit on a short film.
- Producers will best benefit from the workshop when already working on a feature-length project in development.
- Producers would need to be committed to attend the entire workshop.
- Producers who were selected for the 2022 TD Poland are eligible to re-apply.
- Participation is free of charge, but we do ask full commitment.
- ACE Producers will cover the subsistence during the workshop.
- All travel & accommodation expenses that arise will NOT be covered by the organisation.
- The producers can apply to their local/national fund to support these expenses.
September 1st 2023 (up to 12 places available) at 23:39 CEST
HOW TO APPLY – please submit your application HERE
In the application form, you need to attach the following documents, all merged into 1 PDF file (in English)
- One-page motivational letter
- Company profile
- Producer’s biography & filmography
- List of current projects in development (with information and status on each project)
You also have to attach the declaration of participation, which you can find HERE.