ACE Producers is pleased to announce the Call for Applications for the second edition of the ACE Leadership Special. This workshop is aimed at experienced producers looking to establish sound business foundations for their companies and develop their personal leadership and entrepreneurial skills. The workshop is made possible thanks to support from Creative Europe MEDIA, the Netherlands Film Fund, Veneto Film Commission and CFAP.
The world of audiovisual production is changing rapidly. In order to survive and thrive in this dynamic environment, solid leadership is more important than ever. This asks for a strong vision, and the ability to operate with ever greater flexibility and agility. The ACE Leadership Special will help company-owning producers discover their own personal vision and gain the tools needed to adapt and flourish when faced with change.
ACE Leadership Special will help producers harness their capabilities and innate skills, raising their confidence to allow them to provide effective leadership for their production companies and teams, and to become “Leaders Through Change”.
Open to members of the ACE Network and other experienced, established producers of a similar level, the ACE Leadership Special will take place over two 3-day residential workshops with additional online sessions complementing them. 12 producers will be selected, each with their own experiences from running a company and their own unique entrepreneurial capabilities, allowing the small group to benefit not only from the knowledge of the workshop consultants, but from each other’s lived experiences.
The ACE Leadership Special will help participants upgrade their capabilities in an all-encompassing approach through three interlinking themes: the human being, the entrepreneur, and the manager. Focusing on this triad of roles, the programme will cover the following topics:
- How to be a more effective leader: Improving personal leadership and management performance by looking at the human being behind the leader
- How to plan and form strategy as an entrepreneur in a changing world: Improving the performance and prospects of the business
- How to get the most from the team you rely upon: Improving the performance of the people involved in the business
18 – 21 June 2023
17 – 20 September 2023
With other online elements
The first workshop will take place in the region of Veneto, Italy, thanks to the support of the Veneto Film Commission. The second workshop will be in the Netherlands.
- Should be an owner or partner in an audiovisual production company
- Should have been the delegate producer (i.e. the principal responsible producer) of at least one theatrically-released feature film, documentary or a high-end drama series which has been broadcast or aired online.
- Should be available and able to commit to attend the entire workshop
- Producers from any country are welcome to apply, however, please note that the majority of spaces will be reserved for producers from MEDIA countries.
€3.500 (€3.250 for ACE Network Members).
The fee covers full board, accommodation and training during the workshops. Travel costs are not included.
Based on our support from Creative Europe MEDIA, bursaries are available for producers from low capacity production countries: Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Portugal, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia and Ukraine. Decisions to award scholarships are made by the selection committee. The scholarship is never more than 1/3 of the overall fee. We encourage participants to apply for financial support with their national/regional funding bodies first.
6 March 2023
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants will be asked to submit a biography, company profile and motivation letter (explaining their leadership challenges, the current situation of their company, their long-term thinking and plans for the future) to email@example.com. Feel free to reach out for further information.