ACE Producers is pleased to announce the call for applications for the Training Days Norway, which has been set up in collaboration with The Norwegian Film Institute, Filmkraft Rogaland, Mediefondet Zefyr (and with support from Stavanger commune, Rogaland Fylkeskommune and The Norwegian Producers Association Virke Produsentforeningen).
Strengthening independent producers, ACE Producers uses the power of the ACE Network’s collective knowledge to tackle the challenges and seize the opportunities in an everchanging industry.
The Training Days Norway is a tailor-made 1,5-day programme especially designed for emerging producers at relatively early stages in their careers, who are looking to expand their network and learn more about the international context of the audiovisual industry.
The workshop welcomes producers working in fiction, animation and documentary, and strives to make the industry inclusive and diverse.
For this workshop approx. 12 Norwegian producers will be selected to join the workshop taking place in Stavanger, Norway*.
Scheduled over two days, the Training Days Norway will be themed around “Developing and Marketing Your Projects in an International Context“. The interactive workshop will include plenary sessions as well as group meetings provided with the help of ACE consultants and producers who have notably strong track-records in international development, co-production and financing, and who will share their knowledge and international expertise.
As part of the workshop, ACE also offers 2 Norwegian producers with a feature-length project in development the opportunity to attend an extra half day of sessions, as well as an 1,5 hour one-on-one meeting with script consultant Emmanuel Oberg (Screenplay Unlimited). To be eligible for this additional offer, the producer would need to have an English written treatment and/or script.
The Training Days Norway is connected to the ACE 31 Content Development Workshop (4 – 9 Oct, Stavanger), which is a workshop within the ACE Annual Programme organised for the selected 18 experienced producers from Europe and beyond.
6 – 8 October 2021
- Emerging producers who are at a relatively early stage in their careers, with an interest in international co-production;
- Producers will best benefit from the workshop when already working on a feature-length project in development;
- Producers would need to be committed to attend the entire workshop;
- For producers interested to join the Emmanuel Oberg sessions, we ask that they have a treatment and/or script (in English) for a feature-length fiction project (feature or animation).
- Participation is free of charge for Norwegian producers, but we do ask full commitment.
- ACE Producers will cover the subsistence during the workshop programme;
- All travel and accommodation expenses that may arise will not covered by the organisation;
- Producers can apply to their local/national fund to support these expenses.
15 September 2021
HOW TO APPLY
Send the following documents (in English and combined into one PDF) to
- A motivational letter (of max. 1 page);
- Producer’s biography, filmography and company profile;
- List of current projects in development (with information and status on each project);
- For producers interested to join the Emmanuel Oberg sessions, please state which project you would like to discuss and what the status is.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact Maegene Fabias at firstname.lastname@example.org
*ACE will be paying close attention to the ever-changing international situation and will make any adaptations to the workshop necessary to ensure the safety of participants and guests.