A hands-on workshop for experienced producers who want to deepen their knowledge of developing and producing TV drama series for an international audience and/or integrate a series division into their companies. The workshop is open to members of the ACE Network or other producers of a similar level.
16-18 producers are selected for the workshop, each with a series in development. Focusing primarily on the creative and financial aspects of TV series production, the ACE Series Special will also offer sessions on working with broadcasters and streamers, marketing, audiences, international approaches and business strategies. The workshop gives producers a chance to work on their projects through one to one meetings with experts and group sessions with their peers.
The core of the 2022 workshop will be held in Munich, Germany with the support of FFF Bayern and Creative Europe MEDIA. Further sessions will be held online before the workshop.
Topics covered include:
- The financing scheme of series in an international context;
- Discovering the market potential and finding an (international) audience;
- Strategically integrating a series department into an existing (film-)production company;
- Understanding the different production structures of series development
- Working with streamers and broadcasters.
Previous consultants include Piv Bernth (Apple Tree Productions), Caroline Benjo (Haut et Court), Lars Blomgren (Banijay), Noemi Ferrer Schwenk (DR Sales), Mario Gianani (Wildside), Ed Guiney (Element Pictures) Elizabeth Kilgarriff (Firebird Pictures), Monica Levy (Federation), Marc Lorber (Lionsgate), Davide Nardini (Amazon Italy) and Christian Vesper (Fremantle).