TRAINING DAYS POLAND
The Training Days Poland is a tailor-made 1,5-day programme especially designed for emerging producers, who are looking to expand their network and learn more about the international context of the audiovisual industry. The workshop welcomes producers working in fiction, animation and documentary, and strives to make the industry inclusive and diverse.
For this workshop a total of 12 producers (6 Polish and 6 from neighbouring Central and Eastern European countries) will be selected to join the workshop taking place in Warsaw*. As ACE aims to encourage international collaboration, the call is open to emerging producers from Poland, as well as Albania, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldavia, Montenegro, North-Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Ukraine.
Training Days Poland, organised with to the support of the Polish Film Institute, will be themed around “The Essentials of International Co-Production”. The interactive workshop will include plenary sessions and case studies, as well as group meetings provided with the help of ACE consultants and producers who have notably strong track-records in international financing, co-production, sales and distribution, and who will share their knowledge and international expertise.
The Training Days Poland is connected to the ACE 31 Financing Strategies Workshop (15 – 20 Nov, Warsaw), which is a workshop within the ACE Annual Programme organised for the selected 18 experienced independent producers from Europe and beyond, and attended by a large group of international experts.
17 – 18 November 2021
(arrival before 13:30 on Wednesday 17 November and departure Friday 19 November 2021)
- Emerging producers with an interest in international co-production;
- Producers will best benefit from the workshop when already working on a feature-length project in development;
- Producers would need to be committed to attend the entire workshop;
- Producers are required to have sufficient level of understanding of the English language, as the entire workshop will be presented in English.
- Participation is free of charge for selected producers, but we do ask full commitment.
- ACE Producers will cover the subsistence during the workshop programme;
- All travel and accommodation expenses that may arise will not covered by the organisation;
- All necessary sanitary rules against COVID-19 will be maintained.
30 September 2021
HOW TO APPLY
Please fill in the submission form here. The obligatory attachments to the submission form are:
- – A motivational letter (of max. 1 page);
– Producer’s biography, filmography and company profile;
– List of current projects in development (with information and status on each project);
– ALL ABOVE in English and merged into one PDF.
2. A signed declaration (please download it here)
Strengthening independent producers, ACE Producers uses the power of the ACE Network’s collective knowledge to tackle the challenges and seize the opportunities in an everchanging industry. ACE Producers enables profound collaborations through honest dialogue in the safe trusted space of the ACE Network and fosters valuable exchange of high-level knowledge about the independent audio-visual industry in Europe and beyond. ACE Producers provides top quality executive education in European creative producing and entrepreneurialism.
Independent Film Foundation from Warsaw, Poland promotes creativity and the production of films of high artistic value, and creates opportunities for artistic and professional development of filmmakers, i.e. organising the activities of the Polish Film Academy and running the European master scriptwriting programme ScripTeast.
The Polish Film Institute has been the main public funding body, supporting development of Polish film productions since 2005. It has also created a variety of incentives and financing schemes geared towards supporting international co-productions.
*ACE will be paying close attention to the ever-changing international situation and will make any adaptations to the workshop necessary to ensure the safety of participants and guests.